Virta is looking for an experienced public relations and communication professional to join Virta Marketing & Communications team in Helsinki, Finland. You have a brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming electric vehicle charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future. This is your chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world.
What you will be doing:
You'll be building international media publicity for a company who is the opinion leader in its industry. Your goal is to get main media coverage for all Virta activities in the markets Virta is operating.
- Seek high-level placements in international print, broadcast and online media
- Manage external speaking opportunities and relevant press extensions
- Build and maintain strong media relationships
- Spearhead solution-specific communications strategies
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
- Social storytelling and community management
- Support in public affairs activities
- Keep current on industry trends, issues and news
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years of experience in PR / communications
- Proven experience of creating large scale publicity and buzz for the phenomenon
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills in English, other European languages are considered as a plus – especially German and/or French
- A strategic, critical thinker with amazing storytelling skills who can work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex information and present it in a clear, concise and conversational manner
- Must have strong editing skills and painstaking attention to detail
- Strong media relationships
- Have a positive attitude and willingness to participate in projects and events in any way – big or small
- Willingness to take smart risks and lead initiatives with confidence
- Strong ability to work independently or collaboratively with minimal supervision
- Digital and social storytelling and engagement experience is a plus
Who we are?
Virta enables B2B customers to make a business from electric vehicle charging and clean energy services. We provide a modular and scalable solution for electric vehicle charging networks and energy assets, such as energy storage and control systems.
Virta customers include e.g. owners of charging stations, retailers of charging services, energy utilities and real-estate companies who provide services to electric vehicle users.
This is what we offer:
- A workplace where sustainability and fighting climate change is considered a primary value
- A brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming EV charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future. This is your chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world
- A skilled and international team of experts working in a cosy office space in Helsinki taking breaks from work with table tennis, an endless selection of cookies and Friday beers
- Great colleagues to work with
- Competitive compensation package
We at Virta have an innovative startup company mentality, an excellent working environment, and coworkers who are some of the best experts in the world in this area.
Please send your cover letter, CV and salary request to our HR Director, Mia Kotakorpi, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by 25.3.2019. We will hire a person for this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
For additional information about the position, please contact:
Elias Pöyry (CBO) +358 50 042 6125, available on 11th of March, between 2pm-3pm and on 13th of March, between 12pm-1pm.
Psst! Want to peek into our everyday life at the Virta Headquarter? Check out our stories at Instagram and follow @virtaltd.