We are looking for a talented Lead Infrastructure Engineer to join our Technology team. The team is responsible for designing, implementing and operating our cloud-based service infrastructure in an efficient, reliable and scalable way.
Who are we looking for?
You are well experienced in infrastructure development and operations, with a strong technical background. You are curious to find out what works best and back your experiments with measurements. You are also able and willing to use your experience to help other teams design and implement new services in a scalable and operable fashion.
- Shape the charging infrastructure to cope with the expected growth
- Develop and maintain infrastructure automation
- Assist internal teams in the design of scalable, efficient and operable microservices
- Design measurements and critical metrics to evaluate system performance
- Help our security function to build, automate and operate security capabilities
- Very familiar with AWS, GCP or other cloud infrastructure
- Proven cloud infrastructure operations experience
- We will also consider individuals with a strong background of virtualization in traditional server infrastructure (e.g. OpenStack, vSphere)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Ruby, shell scripts)
- Experience and insight into containers and container orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker Swarm)
- Deep understanding of IP networks
- Experience with config management tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt)
Who we are?
Virta Ltd. (Liikennevirta Oy) supports the rise of electric vehicles by developing smart electric vehicle charging services. The company is already operational globally in over 20 countries and has offices in Helsinki, Berlin, Paris, and Stockholm.
Virta enables B2B customers to make a business from electric vehicle charging and clean energy services with comprehensive SaaS-based solutions. We provide a modular and scalable solution for EV charging networks and energy assets, such as energy storage and control systems. Virta customers include e.g. owners of charging stations, retailers of charging services, energy utilities and real-estate companies who provide services to electric vehicle users.
What do we offer?
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely part of the week
- Company benefits that keep your mind and health in shape
- A skilled and international team of experts working in a cosy office space in Helsinki taking breaks from work with table tennis, an endless selection of cookies and some Friday beers
- A brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming EV charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future. A chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world.
The main working language at Virta is English, no Finnish language skills are required. Virta’s employees are a group of international, motivated and sustainability-minded doers.
If all the above sounds like you, please submit your application letter and CV to Samuli Sorvakko by 24.02.2019:email@example.com
We will hire a person for this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.