We are looking for a full-stack developer to strengthen the technical development of Virta’s key future technology: the Energy services SaaS platform. As Virta's Senior Energy Developer, you would work closely together with the lead developer and the business managers of the Virta Energy platform, planning and designing new services and features.
Virta Ltd. (Liikennevirta Oy) supports the rise of electric vehicles by developing smart electric vehicle charging services. The company is already operational in over 15 countries globally, and has offices in Helsinki, Berlin, Paris and Stockholm. Virta enables B2B customers to do business with electric vehicle charging and clean energy services with comprehensive SaaS-based solutions. We provide a modular, scalable turn-key solution for EV charging networks and energy assets, such as energy storage and control systems. Virta customers are for example: owners of charging stations, retailers of charging services, energy utilities and real-estate companies who provide services to electric vehicle users.
- Work closely together with Virta Energy platform lead developer and business managers to plan new services and features, and design what is best way to implement them
- Do a lot of practical hands-on programming work
- Design and document technical architectures
- Help and guide other developers in the development work
We hope you to have/be:
- Experience in a wide range of different development technologies, tools, architectures and programming languages.
- We especially wish that you have knowledge of Node.js and modern PHP frameworks (Laravel or similar), and modern web-based UI frameworks (React or other frameworks). Or, if you don’t know these yet, we expect that you are motivated and capable of learning them quickly.
- Experience in cloud technologies (AWS or other clouds) and devops practices (automated systems to build and deploy servers and software to cloud-based environment)
- Good communication skills and an ability to document things systematically and professionally
- Fluent in English, as it is the main working language at Virta. No Finnish language skills required.
We consider it as a huge plus if you are/have:
- Excellent team work and good project management skills
- A willingness to work with junior developers and help them to learn and grow
- Good skills in common European languages like German or French
- Passionate about a sustainable future
What we offer you
- A workplace where sustainability and fighting climate change is considered a primary value
- Possibility to build technology architectures, development practices, processes and tools based on how you see they really should be done
- A brilliant position in an innovative forerunner company in the booming EV charging sector, contributing to the disruption of the energy industry towards a cleaner future, and a chance to become a top talent in a business area that will change the world
- A chance to grow you competencies, learn new things all the time, and to mold your position to fit your wishes
- A skilled and international team of experts working in a cool office space in Helsinki, taking breaks from work with table tennis, an endless selection of cookies, and Friday beers
- Flexible working hours, possibility to work remotely part of the week
We at Virta have an innovative startup company mentality, an excellent working environment and colleagues who are some of the world's top experts in this area. We have a very open, positive and free company culture. We have a modern office in Salmisaari, Helsinki, but we also offer a possibility to work from home part of the week - we are result oriented, not office oriented. And most importantly, it is fun to work with us.
Even though we are a quickly growing startup company, we have a very solid financial situation.
Please send your cover letter, CV and salary request to email@example.com, at latest on 18.11.2018. We will hire a person for this position as soon as we find a suitable candidate.
For more information please contact CTO Jussi Ahtikari (050 514 8489, firstname.lastname@example.org)